Our Food Pantry joyfully of provides nourishment for hundreds of families each week. We celebrate and value the opportunity to encourage each individual by seeking to build a friendship and lend a helping hand. In order for us to accomplish this mission of providing a safe and caring environment, everyone who participates in our food pantry must be involved.
Here are some important guidelines for all of our customers:
- Treat everyone with the same respect, kindness and compassion that you would want to receive (The Golden Rule); this applies to volunteers, staff and fellow pantry customers.
- Pantry customers will be let into the building 15 minutes before the pantry opens.
- Provide accurate information upon registering to use the pantry- Questions regarding you, your household members and needs will be asked to determine your eligibility to use Seeds of Hope Food Pantry. Information given will be held in confidence. (Statistical data is needed for the agencies from which we purchase food and to apply for grants that help keep the pantry well-stocked.)
- Shop only one time every two weeks.
- Pantry customers are asked to remain in the waiting room until it is their turn to shop.
- Customers are asked to bring paper and plastic bags to carry their groceries. If you have extra bags, please bring some to share!
- We ask that customers choose items in the quantity that we have labeled. Please do not take more than the number listed. If you have a specific need for additional food, please contact the Director or a volunteer before taking more food than is allowed. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- It is against the law to re-sell or exchange any items that you receive from Chelten’s Food Pantry.
- No drugs or alcohol or anyone under the influence will be tolerated within Seeds of Hope at any time.
- No uncooperative, disorderly or threatening (physical or verbal) behavior towards Food Pantry staff, volunteers or food pantry customers will be tolerated.
Thanks again for the privilege of serving you in our Seeds of Hope Community Food Pantry. If you have any questions or concerns, at any time, please do not hesitate to contact the Director or one of our volunteers. We are here to serve you and bless you in any way that we can.
If you are unable to accommodate these basic guidelines, we may need to ask you to refrain from using our food pantry. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. We desire for all of our customers to have the best possible experience.
Compassion Ministry Director