We partner with parents to provide safe, fun, Christ-centered care for kids of all ages.
Sunday Morning Programs
We provide child care and classes for infants through 5th grade during our morning worship services.
Infants – 2 years
Children begin learning about Jesus from Day 1. Loving volunteers sing and pray with our babies, and toddlers enjoy playtime and learn about all the wonderful things that God has made.
Kidz Korner, Jr.
Preschool & Kindergarten
Beginning at age 3, children dig deeper into God’s Word through the Discovering God’s Love curriculum. Parents can reinforce what their child is learning through the God’s Story for Me Bible Storybook.
1st – 5th grades
Elementary-age kids join their families for praise and worship before being dismissed for an age-appropriate study of God’s Word.
During the 9:00 service, students follow The Gospel Project curriculum. This three-year program unpacks God’s redemptive story from Genesis to Revelation. Families can reinforce what their children learn through a companion family devotional and app.
During our 10:45 service, students follow the 252 Kids curriculum – exploring three basic, but powerful truths modeled by Jesus in Luke 2:52. Our time together is designed to provoke discovery and invite kids into a new understanding of how to grow in relationship with Jesus.
Children with Special Needs
To enable and empower individuals and families affected by disability to be a part of Chelten’s worshiping community, we provide one-on-one buddy support during all Sunday school and church services.
Wednesday Evening Programs
Kids in grades 1-5 love to attend our Wednesday evening programs! We meet from 7:00 – 8:30 pm, September through April. Opening night is September 12.
1st – 5th grade boys
Our boys participate in a lively, fun-filled time of learning about Jesus and what it means to be a boy who loves Jesus. Master Builders play games, have Bible stories, build projects, race cars, blast rockets and go on a fall retreat! Our boys will learn how to grow in a deeper relationship with Jesus and others.
1st – 5th grade girls
Our Explorer Girls experience Bible stories, make crafts, earn badges, sing songs, play games, go on a fall retreat and have a lot of fun! Each girl receives a PROP, which is a woman from the church who commits to praying for your daughter through out the year. Our girls will learn that Jesus is the ultimate in all of life!
Important Information for Parents
Your child’s well-being is of utmost importance to us. Our volunteers are screened and trained, and our policies and procedures help ensure that your family is safe and comfortable.
- Children are welcome to join the service in the Worship Center. Kids in grades 1-5 are invited to leave for Kidz Korner before the sermon begins. Children from birth through kindergarten may be checked in before the service or anytime you prefer.
- The Children’s Ministries information and check-in center is located on the second floor outside our infant nursery (room 205). Staff members are available to provide directions, help you get checked in, and show you and your child to the appropriate classroom.
- Children from birth through kindergarten receive a numbered security tag to be attached to their shirt. Parents receive a tag with a matching number. You must present your security tag in order to pick up your child.
- Please label your child’s diaper bag, pacifier, and any bottles.
- Snacks we offer may include pretzels, Goldfish, or graham crackers, and water. Gluten-free options are available. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- For the protection of all children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.